Acupuncture Lake Tahoe Services
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient system of medicine based on balancing the body’s energy. Chinese Medicine is one of the oldest continuously practiced holistic medicines in the world and today is the fastest growing medical field here in the US. The swelling interest in Chinese Medicine is due in large part to the idea that TCM stimulates the body’s energy to heal itself by creating optimum conditions for restoring wellness.
TCM works on the premise that all living things possess an energetic life force, which the Chinese call “qi” (sometimes spelled chi or ki). This energy circulates on pathways throughout the body. When these pathways become blocked, energy does not flow smoothly and health is affected. Acupuncture assists the body in its ability to heal itself by opening the pathways and allowing the qi to flow freely.
Acupuncture has been scientifically proven that the stimulation of acupoints causes the body to release specific hormones and neurotransmitters. These substances reduce pain, regulate the endocrine systems and relax the nervous system.
Benefits of TCM
- Strengthens immune system
- Relieves stress
- Pain management
- Raises energy levels
- Promotes graceful aging
- Enhances physical performance
- Fosters spiritual and emotional balance
Effectively Treated Disorders
Acupuncture is generally sought for the treatment of pain. However, many other conditions can be successfully treated with Chinese Medicine.
- Musculoskeletal: Back, neck and knee pain, sciatica, sports injuries, sprains, joint pain, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
- Digestive: Abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, ulcers
- Gynecological: Irregular or painful menstruation, infertility, endometriosis, menopause, PMS, uterine fibroids, pre-natal & post-natal care
- Respiratory: Common cold, influenza, allergies, asthma
- Eye, Ear, Nose And Throat: Allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, tinnitus, headaches, Bell’s palsy, toothache
- Skin: Acne, eczema, psoriasis, shingles
- Neurological and Psychological: Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, AD